Following are the things that can be performed in Rhinoplasty
- After opening the nose in Rhinoplasty, extra soft tissue is removed, this helps us to make the tip of the nose sharper.
- If the cartilage is excess or broad, then we can narrow them and pointed, so that the tip can be made more sharper.
- If the nose is wide, the nasal bones are cut and brought closer. This is also called This makes the broad nose narrow.
- If the height of the nose is less, a graft is taken from the ribs or the ear, and put it on the nose to improve the height of the nose. This procedure is known as dorsal augmentation.
- If there is a hump in the nose, it can be removed by extracting the extra tissue.
- If there is nasal flare, then Alarplasty is done to rectify it.
The common things that can be done is:
- Tip Plasty
- Dorsal Augmentation
Tip Plasty is a nasal surgical procedure to increase the aesthetic value of the nose, or it can be simply defined as a visually appealing nasal tip. This surgery is performed exclusively for the nasal tip, and not for any other part of the nose viz. bridge, roof, cartilage or bones.
People having a fat nose, or simply a fat tip require corrections to elevate the nasal tip, so that it looks raised through a proper angle.
The benefits of Tip Plasty can be listed as –
- Giving definition and a proper structure
- Enhancing the overall look and feel of the nose and face
- A surgical procedure that is short and not extensive by any means
Alarplasty is done for patients who have wide nostrils. The procedure involves the removal of a wedge tissue from the sides of the nostrils. The wedge base is situated at a level at the rims and pointed apex near the sides of the cheek groove. The removal amount depends on how wide the nostrils are to give a narrow look.
Once the procedure is done, the open area is sutured, there are two ways this can be done, viz. Weir Incision and Inside the nose incision.
The benefits of Alarplasty include –
- Immediate visibility of results
- Smaller nose or nostrils
- Symmetrical nose structure
- Balanced face
Nasal osteotomy is done to remove a greater nasal dorsum or hump removal and a wide nasal base. This procedure also removes an open roof deformity after the dorsal hump surgery is done. An osteotomy in Rhinoplasty can also widen a narrow pyramid or straighten a deviated septum.
Read more about
- What is Rhinoplasty (Complete Process)?
- Cure for nose deformities by Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty and teens
- How to make right decision?
- Complete process in detail
- How to choose the best surgeon & what all questions one should ask from a Doctor before opting for the surgery?
- Eligibility criteria for Rhinoplasty