Cosmelan Peels in Delhi
Table of contents
- 1 Cosmelan Peels in Delhi
- 1.1 What is a Cosmelan Peel?
- 1.2 Cosmelan Peel Ingredients
- 1.3 How does Cosmelan peel treatment work?
- 1.4 Cosmelan Peel Uses and Treatment
- 1.5 What conditions can be treated with Cosmelan peel
- 1.6 What are the advantages of Cosmelan peel treatment?
- 1.7 Cosmelan Peel Side Effects
- 1.8 What results can be expected from Cosmelan?
- 1.9 What precautions must be taken before proceeding with Cosmelan?
Care Well Medical Center is offering Cosmelan Peels® along with other therapies to treat pigmentation. Multiple therapies in combination with Cosmelan Peels® enhances the overall result & nourishes the skin from deep inside.
What is a Cosmelan Peel?
A Cosmelan peel is a 2-step medical treatment where the peel is applied to the areas of pigmentation by a certified skin care specialist or a dermatologist and is then rinsed off after the mask is worn for few hours. After the removal of mask, a cream is applied to protect new skin growth. A cosmelan peel differs from chemical peels and skin lightning products in its ingredients. The ingredients infused in cosmelan are primarily to treat specific symptoms of Melasma. This peel may be effective for people who have suffered adverse reactions of frhydroquinone or tretinoin in the past and these harsh components are not present in a cosmelan peel.
Cosmelan® Depigmentation Treatment
Cosmelan Peel Ingredients
Cosmelan peel contains; and kojic acid- an acid that is produced from different kinds of naturally-existing fungi and which obstructs the production of melanin in the skin and azelaic acid- which attacks bacteria residing on the surface of the skin and promotes production of new skin cells.
How does Cosmelan peel treatment work?
Cosmelan treatment process is based upon the inhibition of tyrosinase, a fundamental enzyme present in the production process of melanin. Many of the components constituted in the Cosmelan formula act by blocking this enzyme (tyrosinase), or even by altering the action of tyrosinase.
Cosmelan Peel Uses and Treatment
Pigmentation is a skin disorder that causes uneven skin color, dull complexion, black or brown spots, blemishes or patches on the skin. However, I general terms ‘pigmentation’ is referred to as hyper or excessive pigmentation of skin of face or of full body.
If you suffer from melasma, hyperpigmentation, or any other skin disorders, there are several ways to treat them, with one being a cosmelan peel. This form of peel is almost similar in function of alpha hydroxy or chemical peel but is formulated specifically to treat dark patches caused by pigmentation. The cosmelan peel can be performed in a dermatologist’s clinic, medical spa by an expert dermatologist. This may be a viable option for hyperpigmentation or melasma treatment if the store-bought chemical peels, serums or creams have shown limited or NO results.
The principal action of Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment is the eradication of melanin patches on the face called Melasma. Also referred as cholasma if the pigmentation occurs with pregnancy the treatment involves a dynamic procedure which is comfortably adapted to the requirements of each individual patient.
What conditions can be treated with Cosmelan peel
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Blotchy skin
- Brown Spots
- Skin ageing caused by excessive exposure to sun
- Facial blemishes due to severe pigmentation
- Skin defects caused by melanin
- Dark blemishes particularly on face and hands
- Cosmelan makes it feasible to eliminate pigmentation and regain the smoothness of the skin, bringing back its radiance, with a treatment that has a direct impact on the intimate production process of the melanin.
What are the advantages of Cosmelan peel treatment?
The Cosmelan treatment for depigmentation offers a series of advantages compared with other kind of Depigmentation products found in the market:
- Effectively treats different types of melasma. It works great particularly for deep seated severe Melasma or post inflammatory hyper pigmentation (PIH)
- Works good for pigmentation that has declined to dissolve the problem after conventional skin lightening topical products like superficial peels. Skin becomes rejuvenated and lightened
- Quick and convenient depigmenting action mechanism
- Compatible with all skin types
- High safety levels
- Light peeling effect
- Effectively resolves post inflammatory hyper pigmentation( PIH) after acne
- Does not contain TCA or Hydroquinone
- High safety margin
- Beneficial for acne patients too
Cosmelan Peel Side Effects
While Cosmelan peel is not as harsh as those that contain hydroquinone or alpha hydroxy acids, you may experience tightening of skin, flaying and rashes and during the initial sittings. Your doctor who administered you Cosmelan peel can guide you how to subside these side effects, based on your skin needs.
What results can be expected from Cosmelan?
Before beginning with cosmelan treatment, your doctor will thoroughly clean your skin to ensure that no dead skin cells or excess oil remains. The peel mask is then applied and left for up to 8 hours. You can remove the cosmelan peel on your own at home. You will be given a secondary cream for application on daily basis until the skin is healed. Multiple treatments will be required before noticing significant results.
In 98% of the cases, the appearance of the blemishes smoothens by 95%. One week after beginning of the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, a noteworthy improvement of the skin is noticed. The reduction of the treated blemish is detected and the appearance of new, rejuvenated and radiant skin is observed.
At the completion of the Cosmelan process, the blemishes begin to vanish completely, so that, although the patient may be able to “trace” the area where the spot was, the truth is that the pigmentation will have gone and no one will be able to feel its appearance just by looking at it.
What precautions must be taken before proceeding with Cosmelan?
- Stop all applications specifically bleaching agents two weeks prior too treatment
- No Laser treatment can be performed on the affected area 2 days before the peel
- Avoid Filler and Botox in area to be treated 48hours prior to Cosmelan peel
- The treatment must not be suspended in any condition, for the whole time prescribed
- It is completely prohibited to combine the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment with other Depigmentation treatments, as the appearance of unwanted outcomes cannot be guaranteed
- Treatment management visits are advised one week after treatment, 2 weeks after, and a follow up visit every month thereafter
IMPORTANT NOTE: Treatment results are extensively dependent on your adherence and cooperation to the after treatment skin care. The first 4 months embodies the treatment time. The time period following is the stabilization period, and this is theoretically stretched up to 1 year, or longer. You should try to make best of the efforts to continue Cosmelan treatment throughout the first summer. Even if the treatment was a big success, you must know that long term success depends on how well the protocol is followed, through both the treatment and the stabilization period. Avoid exposure in sun for 2 weeks before the treatment.