Eyelid surgery in Delhi or Blepharoplasty in Delhi
Table of contents
- 1 Eyelid surgery in Delhi or Blepharoplasty in Delhi
- 2 Best Packages available for Eyelid surgery/Blepharoplasty.
- 2.1 Eyelid surgery is done for the following reasons
- 2.2 What causes ageing eyelids?
- 2.3 Different Surgery Processes
- 2.4 Pre-Surgery Requisites
- 2.5 Who is the perfect candidate for surgery?
- 2.6 Blepharoplasty candidates should be
- 2.7 The actual surgical procedure
- 2.8 Post- surgery outcomes and precautions
- 2.9 Are there any side effects post-surgery?
- 2.10 Blepharoplasty does have a few side-effects, they would be-
- 2.11 What is the cost of Blepharoplasty?
- 3 Best Packages available for Eyelid surgery/Blepharoplasty.
Blepharoplasty is the surgery of the eyelid. It is performed for cosmetic purpose as well as improved vision.
Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Surgery (double eyelid surgery and upper eyelid surgery) is done at our cosmetic surgery center in Delhi (South Delhi) by an experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Sandeep Bhasin. We offer the best treatment combined with best packages.
Few Cases (Before & After)
Anatomy of the Eyelids
The eyelid is a thin fold skin that covers and protects the eye. It serves as a part that keeps the surface of the eye hydrated, as the cornea must be kept moist. The reflex or the blink action of the eyelid keeps the eye protected from foreign bodies as well as produces a unique kind of oil that slows down the evaporation of the tear film.
The eyelids are composed of
- The Upper Punctum
- The Lower Punctum
- Tarsal Glands
- Palpeberal Furrows
- Tarsal Portion
- Intermarginal Strip
The upper eyelids are composed of
- The ROOF
- Orbital Septum
- Pre- Aponeurotic fat
- Levator Aponeurosis
- Muller Muscle
- Levator Palebrae Superioris
The process of Blepharoplasty involves the surgery of both the eyelids, wherein excess fat, skin and muscle are removed from the eyelids. It is performed essentially for aesthetic considerations, but it has proved to be effective for eyesight improvement in older people as their eyesight is impaired due to sagging upper lids. As we see the world through our eyes, it is absolutely essential that we keep them safe from deformities.
The Care Well Medical Centre is a state-of-the-art wellness Centre for eyelid surgery in Delhi or Blepharoplasty in Delhi
Best Packages available for Eyelid surgery/Blepharoplasty.
Eyelid surgery is done for the following reasons
- Cosmetic and Visual Improvement
- Greater Elasticity
- Removal of Wrinkles and Bulges
- Need for the eye to look larger – Double eyelid surgery
- Under-eye bags
- Droopy Upper Eyelids
- Loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids
- Puffy appearance of the upper eyelids
- Excess skin and creepy wrinkles
- Dark circles under the eye
What causes ageing eyelids?
The natural ageing process (Ptosis), results in the skin of the eyelids to sag downwards and thus the position of the fat bags is shifted from its natural position.
Other factors that can cause ageing eyelids are:
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Not enough sleep
- Fluid retention
- Nerve Problems
- Disease or Injury
Different Surgery Processes
Upper Eyelid Surgery
For an upper eyelid surgery, the incisions are made along the natural lines of the eyelids to remove excess skin and fat while realigning the muscle tissue & the incision is well blended with the skin, a thin stitch is used to bring the skin together for the creation of the eyelid.
This eliminates sagging that can impair vision as well as reduces fine lines and puffiness of the upper eyelids.
Double Eyelid Surgery
The double eyelid surgery is performed to create an upper eyelid crease and is called westernization of the eye-lid.
- Prevent taking medication that can thin your blood from clotting two weeks before the procedure.
- Eat light meals before the surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything before midnight.
- Do not wear any makeup on the day of surgery.
Who is the perfect candidate for surgery?
The ideal candidates for surgery are those individuals who have:
- Puffy Upper Eyelids
- Tired Looking Eyelids
- Excess Upper Eyelid Skin
Blepharoplasty candidates should be
- Above 18 years of age
- In good physical & mental health
- Realistic in their expectations
The actual surgical procedure
Blepharoplasty can be performed for upper eyelids or double eyelids. During surgery local anesthesia is administered over the eyelids and incisions are made in the folds of the eyelid, or the crease of the eyelid and beneath the eye lashes, this kind of procedure makes the incisions undetectable.
The surgeon would create incisions and markings to locate excess skin as well as fat pads and muscles that need to be removed. All this is accomplished with precision instruments and cutting lasers. Reconfiguration and smoothing is done with sutures and adhesives around the eyebrows and eyelids. A CO2 laser is also used to reconfigure and smooth the wrinkles in the eyelid. The procedure takes 1-3 hours depending on the extent of the surgery and overnight hospitalization maybe required.
Post- surgery outcomes and precautions
- The recovery period is about two weeks post-surgery
- Blepharoplasty lasts for many years but the tissues continue to age naturally
- As incisions are done in the natural creases, they are completely hidden to make scarring inconspicuous
- Should absolutely avoid strenuous activities that can raise blood pressure, as well as other activities like lifting heavy objects, bending and other rigorous sports
- Alcohol and Smoking should be completely avoided
Are there any side effects post-surgery?
Blepharoplasty does have a few side-effects, they would be-
- Temporary numbness of the eyelid
- Irritated and dry eyes
- Impaired eyelid function
- Injury to eye muscles
Blepharoplasty at Care Well Medical Centre is top class as our professional services include double eyelid surgery in Delhi as well as upper eyelid surgery in Delhi.
We, at Care Well Medical Centre understand the importance of finances and thus provide reasonably priced eyelid surgery cost in Delhi.
What is the cost of Blepharoplasty?
The cost of the procedure depends on the complexity of the surgery & the alteration that needs to be done to fix it. The average cost of Blepharoplasty would range from Rs. 35,000 ($514.438) to 45,000 Rupees ($661.42).
Best Packages available for Eyelid surgery/Blepharoplasty.