Hair transplantation is basically a surgical procedure where individual hair follicles are moved from a region of your body, referred as the donor site, to the bald area of the body, which is referred as recipient site.
Hair transplantation is one of the most effective procedures carried out widely today to treat baldness.
This procedure is considered to be the minimally invasive method where grafts comprising hair follicles are genetically resistant to the bald area.
Hair transplantation is also recommended to patients who want to restore their eyelashes, beard hair, eyebrows, pubic hair and chest hair and also to reduce the scars caused due to accident or surgery like previous hair transplants or face-lifts.
This procedure is also known as hair transplant FUT (follicular unit transplantation) or FUE (follicular unit extraction).
Hair takes almost 9 months to fully grow back after a transplantation session is conducted.
Some regard the hair transplant technique as no more than the latest fad, but it is actually a benediction for all those people suffering from severe hair loss.
Bollywood’s most popular actor Salman khan hair transplant gives an irrefutable example for this workable technique.
There is no defined age for Hair transplantation as it can be done even in the 20s, 30s and also in case profession demands, like any individual in glamour industry, seeking marriage or being socially active.
Male-pattern baldness could begin as early as teenage years and shows its noticeable effects in the early 20s.
Experts say that treatment should be provided after thorough diagnosis of the cause of hair loss in both men & women.
After proper diagnosis, hair transplant treatment can be given irrespective of the age.
Who Can Benefit from Hair Transplant?
- Men and women with male pattern hair loss
- Men and women who want to either restore or alter the formation of theirhairlinee
- People who want to restore or thicken eyelashes, eyebrows, beard and moustache
- People seeking correction and reconstruction of pluggy look caused by traditional methods
- People with areas of scarring from scarring skin disease or injuries
- People who suffer hair loss after a surgical procedure likea face lift
Myths about Hair Transplant:
- Hair transplant is only for men
- An old individual cannot undergo hair transplantation
- The surgery is very painful
- Hair transplant gives an immediate result
- Hair transplant is not affordable
- Small grafts produce less dense hairs
- The surgery badly affects the brain