Laser Hair Removal is the process of removing unwanted hairs by exposing the skin area to laser light pulses & is very popular among females & now even males.
These pulses destroy the hair follicles and remove hair from the targeted area. In this process, a concentrated beam of light, of a specific wavelength, is aimed at hair.
What are the pros?
- You can get it done anywhere on the body, such as arms, legs, underarms, bikini line, upper lips, back etc.
- When it comes to pain level, laser hair removal falls somewhere between shaving and waxing, it means it won’t hurt you the way waxing does. The technicians use ice to help numb the area before and after the laser treatment.
- Laser hair removal treatment is the most effective treatment. The majority of people who have undergone this treatment have had positive results.
What are the cons?
- The use of a laser to remove unwanted hair from different body parts involves a lot of heat to burn the hair. This can lead to skin burns in some of the people. The laser hair removal burns occur more frequently in patients with darker skin.
- Itching is a normal side effect of laser hair removal. It can be either during or after the treatment.
- The skin turns red for a few days following the treatment, and there is likely to be swelling around.
Pre-Laser Treatment Precautions
- The area to be treated should be protected from sun tanning and sun exposure for at least four to six weeks. Apply a high SPF sunscreen on the area. Avoid exposure to the sun during the course of treatment as this can cause sunburn.
- Avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing the area for four to six weeks before the treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes, go for anti-viral therapy before and after the treatment.
- Do not take any photosensitive drugs or herbals for 24 hours before the treatment.
- Do not shave for three to eight days before the treatment. For further treatments, do not shave for one to two weeks so that the doctor can see the stubble growth on the day of treatment. Use a sunscreen throughout the course of treatment.
Post Laser Treatment Precautions
- A clear aloe vera gel is recommended on the treated area for two to four days to avoid redness or swelling. Patients with darker skin may have more discomfort, so it is advisable to use the aloe vera gel for a longer time.
- Ice can be used to reduce the swelling and tenderness and it will also promote healing.
- Avoid using cosmetics and creams over the treated skin to avoid irritations.
- Apply a good sun-cream Sunscreen in order to keep your skin healthy as well.
Laser Hair Removal Cost:
The cost of laser hair removal treatment depends on various factors. Some of them are as follows:
- Area Of Treatment: The area which a person wants to treat is the major factor in determining the final cost.
Larger areas of the body are charged higher than small patches.
- Number Of Sessions: The entire treatment is divided into a number of sessions, priced differently. So it is important to check the number of sessions in which a person will need to complete the treatment as it can increase the overall cost of the treatment.
- Type Of Hair: The density, thickness, and length of the hair also play an important role in determining the overall the cost of the treatment.
- Standard Of The Clinic: The total cost of the treatment also depends on the standard and quality of the clinic you visit to get the treatment. There are different types of clinics and hospitals that provide laser treatment and hence the cost of the treatment varies from clinic to clinic.
Laser Hair Removal in Delhi
What is Laser Hair Removal Part-2?
Part 2 In this article we will give you all kinds of information related to laser hair removal. In it you have a Laser hair removal process and how it works?
Care Well Medical Centre