Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Delhi
Table of contents
- 1 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Delhi
- 2 Best Packages available for Rhinoplasty/Nose Surgery.
- 3 Best Packages available for Rhinoplasty/Nose Surgery.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery including scar removal & rhinoplasty/nose surgery, all procedures are done at Care Well Medical Centre by an experienced team of cosmetic surgeons including Dr. Sandeep Bhasin at affordable prices.
What is Maxillofacial Surgery?
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery focuses on treating many diseases, defects and injuries in the neck, head, jaws, face as well as the hard and soft tissues of the oral (mouth) and maxillofacial (face and jaws) regions. It is all the more ideal for treating special conditions like Zygoma fractures, Zygomatic bone fractures and Fractures of Face- Fracture Mandible. The surgery is recognized internationally and requires dual specialization in dentistry and medicine. Where in countries like Canada, United States and Australia, it is identified as a specialty in dentistry, in some other countries like UK and most of Europe; it is regarded as a specialty of medicine and dentistry, thereby demanding dual degree in both the streams.
Facial Plastic Surgery & Functional Rhinoplasty Camp (15th – 30th Dec., 2016)
Care Well Medical Center is organizing a FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY & RHINOPLASTY/NOSE SURGERY CAMP where patients will get free consultation along with great packages. Advanced Facial Plastic Surgeries or grafts costing above 1.5 LAKH at other centers are offered at almost half the price of what other charge & only for limited time period.
Who conducts Maxillofacial Surgery?
The Oral and Maxillofacial surgery are conducted by specialist surgeons having dual expertise in medicine and dentistry. They bridge the gap between medicine and dentistry by treating conditions that demand specialized attention from both backgrounds. These surgeons treat critical conditions like neck and head cancers, salivary gland diseases, temporomandibular joint disorders, facial disproportions like Mid-face fractures, impacted teeth, cysts and tumors in jaws and other range of problems affecting oral mucosa mainly mouth ulcer and infections.
+91-9311 444 806
+91-9818 704 499
Best Packages available for Rhinoplasty/Nose Surgery.
Why Care Well Medical Centre for Maxillofacial Surgery?
Care Well Medical Centre is a premier cosmetic and laparoscopic centre offering best quality maxillofacial surgery to its patients. The centre has the best experienced maxillofacial surgeon in Delhi, Dr. Sandeep Bhasin. He is regarded as a renowned cosmetic surgeon, owing to his years of experience and understanding. Each and every surgical procedure is done under his guidance and supervision, thereby guaranteeing best results after the treatment to the patients.
Maxillofacial Surgery is a broad term that is used to describe a series of medical conditions that are treated by the centre. There are specialist treatment areas that focus on curing special problems and areas. Therefore, the treatment is dependent on the medical condition reported by patients. Doctors first analyze the problem and detect the core affected areas that require urgent attention. Having done with that, they prescribe the specific treatment to the patients. By means of efficient diagnosis, the centre accounts for expert advice and specialist services such as oral medicine, dent alveolar, trauma, facial deformity, salivary gland diseases, oral cancer, facial cancer, disorders in jaw joints and medically compromise patient treatments.
With a wide range of medical procedures, the most suitable treatment is recommended to the patients. Each procedure is well handled and managed by the team of professionals under the management of Dr. Sandeep Bhasin, an efficient cosmetic surgeon. The surgeons use general anesthesia in the most effective way to provide comfort and relaxation to the patients. They also advise specialized medications (if required) to the patients so that they face less problems during the course of treatment as well as in the healing process. Modern machines, instruments and devices are used in surgeries, thereby guaranteeing advance treatment techniques. The patients are well assisted in all their problems, concerns and queries, until they are completely healed. The entire staff at the centre is dedicated to offer good service and amenities so that patients feel safe, secured and relaxed.
In addition, patients are also guided in their recovery period. The doctors are easily accessible for appointments and consultation, whereby they offer good remedies and solution to persisting problems. With the right kind of maxillofacial surgery for treating specific disorders, the centre is truly the best one.
Why is Maxillofacial Surgery required?
Maxillofacial Surgery is mainly important for certain disorders and conditions that are described below:
- Corrective Jaw Surgery: Also known as orthognathic surgery, it is performed to reposition upper jaw, lower jaw and chin in order to correct minor and major dental and skeletal irregularities such as misalignment of jaws and teeth. The surgery helps in improving chewing, breathing and speaking. Those suffering from difficulty in chewing or biting food, a receding chin, a protruding jaw or excessive wear of teeth need the treatment.
- Wisdom Teeth: These are the last set of teeth that develop. When the wisdom teeth fail to emerge, it becomes impacted, which calls the urgency to remove it. Impacted wisdom teeth are difficult to clean and are vulnerable to tooth decay. By the time, the patient is a young adult; teeth should be removed and healed.
- Facial Fractures: In case of Fractures of Face- Fracture Mandible, the treatment is effective in securing the airway to obtain hemostasis if required, prior to initiating the definitive treatment of the fracture. Also, the surgery proves good results in treating Mid face fractures whereby it gets affected owing to fractures in skull. Through the treatment, faces get properly reshaped and reconstructed by experts.
- Critical fractures: Direct blow to the malar eminence of the cheek results in Zygoma fractures which calls for immediate treatment. Through this surgery, open reduction and internal fixation procedures are suitable for severely angulated or comminuted cases. The main purpose of the treatment is to restore normal appearance of the face. Often, bones get fractures leading to a condition called Zygomatic bone fractures where the fractured bones are repaired by the surgical procedures.
Things to take care before Maxillofacial Surgery
- The patients availing general anesthesia or intravenous sedation must not eat or drink anything before 6 to 8 hours, prior appointment. Patients must be escorted by adults while returning home after the surgery. However, local anesthesia has no restrictions on food and water and patients can leave by themselves.
- For those who have prescribed medicines for sugar, blood pressure and health problems, they can consume the medicines only with small sips of water.
- Patients must be careful in not consuming any narcotic medication prior to appointment as this could lead to nausea when coupled with general anesthesia.
- For conditions that demand pre-medication such as heart murmur or artificial joint, proper arrangements of prescriptions must be made from the doctor.
- Before 48 to 72 hours of treatment, patients must not plan any strenuous activities. They must also wear loose and comfortable clothes for the treatment.
After care of Maxillofacial Surgery
- In case of bleeding which shall be in control, patients can apply a folded gauze pad over the area and bite firmly for 45 minutes. In case of excessive bleeding, it needs to be controlled with pressure.
- Patients might also suffer from pain, which can be best controlled by following medications as prescribed by doctor. If the medications are taken before local anesthesia diminishes and normal sensation returns to area, it is more effective. There are many narcotic pain medications that can be taken until the pain subsides.
- Swelling might occur immediately and gradually increase over 24 to 48 hours and maximize at 72 hours. Patients can apply ice packs externally to the swelling area at an interval of 20 minutes throughout the day of surgery, which shall help in controlling swelling.
- Owing to general anesthesia or drugs prescribed for pain, patients can suffer from nausea. By drinking a small glass of carbonated beverage will control mild nausea.
- As far as diet is concerned, soft food and liquids will be required for 24 hours to 48 hours of surgery after undergoing Orbital Bone fractures by MMF and plating.
- Hot and spicy food needs to be avoided. Patients should also avoid drinking through a straw or smoke (if they do) for at least 48 hours, after the treatment. For those who have surgery on one side of the mouth, food must be chewed from the other side of the mouth, at least of the first few days, after the surgery.
- Oral hygiene must never be neglected. Patients must brush their teeth as usual and gently rinse with warm salt water after each meal after the night of surgery.
- For the first two to three days after surgery, patients must limit their daily activities and give rest as exercises and strenuous work can increase bleeding and swelling.
- Patients must not panic in case of fever, which naturally gets controlled by the prescribed medicines.
- Side effects such as ear ache, pain in adjacent teeth, restricted mouth opening, discoloration of the skin and stretching or cracking at the corners of the mouth are temporary conditions that improve with healing. Therefore, patients must not be worried over such symptoms.
Recovery time of Maxillofacial Surgery
Generally, patients must give 3 months of time for recovery, after the surgery. There are different recovery phases in between and patients must constantly be in touch with their doctors and report in details about the recovery forms and stages in order to stay updated and be informed about complete recovery.
Maxillofacial surgery is therefore the best treatment for a wide range of problems. With the right doctor and the best surgical centre, good oral health and hygiene is best assured. Patients must also give time to their healing and can look forward to a quality oral health and lifestyle.
+91-9311 444 806
+91-9818 704 499
Best Packages available for Rhinoplasty/Nose Surgery.